READY IN 50 MINS
- 1 tbsp macadamia or peanut oil.
- 350g firm tofu cut into small cubes.
- 1 Eggplant(brinjal), cut into small cubes.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 2 long red chilies, seeded and finely chopped.
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed.
- 2 tsp grated ginger.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- 2 tsp coriander.
- 1 tsp paprika.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped.
- 375ml homemade or low-salt vegetable stock.
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds.
- 150g green beans, sliced.
- 2 tbsp macadamia nuts, finely chopped.
- 260g natural yogurt.
- 1 grated cucumber.
- 2 tbsp chopped mint.
- 1 crushed garlic clove and a squeeze of lemon juice.
How to make :
1. Heat one teaspoon of the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the tofu and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
Remove the tofu, add two more teaspoons oil to the wok and stir-fry the brinjal for two minutes or until golden. Remove the brinjal
2. Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining oil and stir-fry the onion for three minutes until light golden (don’t over fry otherwise it will give burned flavor).
3. Add the chili, garlic, ginger and spices and stir-fry for one minute. Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for five minutes. Add the carrots, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Return the tofu and aubergine to the wok with the green beans. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the beans are just tender. Stir in the macadamias.
5. Serve the curry with raita and steamed quinoa or brown rice.
Buy Grocery items from here: