Are you tired of your nosy friends/siblings, who don’t respect your privacy? Do you want to hide your personal photos on Android? If yes, then look no more.
Now, for many of us, WhatsApp is more than a messaging app. It’s personal. And we don’t want others to invade our privacy. Right? So what do we do, we lock it.
But even if you lock WhatsApp with AppLock, its photos/videos still appear inside the gallery. Off course, you can even lock your entire gallery with apps like Gallery Lock but that will raise more eyebrows.
So what do we do?
Well Instead of locking your gallery (or Photo app in Lollipop), it’s better to hide WhatsApp media folders instead. And the good news is, you don’t need any 3rd party app for that. All you have to do is rename a folder.
Let’s see how.
Steps For Android Phone Users.
- Step 1. Launch the file manager App of your mobile. You can also install different file manager App on Your Android devices like ES file Explorer, total commander File manager App etc.
- Step 2. Find your WhatsApp media folder using the file manager. You can find it in Home >> SD card >> Whatsapp >> Media.
- Step 3. Inside the Media folder you will see a sub folder named WhatsApp images.
- Step 4. Rename this folder to ‘.WhatsApp images’ i.e. add a period in the name. You can do so, by long pressing the folder and select the rename option.
- Step 5. After Step 4 you can open your Gallery and see your Whatsapp folder become invisible. If it is still visible then you have to clear cache for Apps in your Android device.
- You can clear cache by: Go to setting >> App Manger or Apps >> clear cache. Also don’t forget to turn off hidden files option.
- Note:- Android OS is based on the Linux kernel if we Add ‘. or period‘ in front of folder or file name it will become completely invisible.
How do you bring it back?
To bring back the images in your gallery, remove the period ( . ) from the folder name. And that’s it.
However, if you don’t see the WhatsApp Image folder, then you need to enable ‘show hidden files’ option. To do that, open ES file explorer > swipe the screen from right to left > you will see an option menu > look for show hidden file and turn it on.
Steps To Hide Whatsapp Images From Gallery (iPhone Users).
If you are iPhone user then it is so simple for you to restrict the Whatsapp images Appearing in the Gallery within few clicks.
- Just go to you phone settings-> Privacy->Photos->Untick WhatsApp.
- After following the above step you will not see your WhatsApp images in Gallery.
I suggest you disable the gallery app and install QuickPic – a better alternative to the gallery app. Why? Well, because QuickPic has this hide images option inbuilt. Plus it’s faster and has better UI than then the gallery or photo app.
So these are different method to hide whatsapp image from gallery on android and iPhone easily. If you know any of the best way for this must share it with us. We will update it soon.